Friday, September 4, 2009

lots of sleep


Since being disconnected from the chemo-pack I've been sleeping, and sleeping, and sleeping. Disconnection did not slow down the side-effects. I've had acupuncture and a great massage since returning from the hospital. Both felt great and pushed my body deeper into sleep. I have not been taking phone calls or replying to e-mails, it takes too much energy. I yawn a lot. My appetite is slowly coming back, I was able to eat a small meal for the first time yesterday, but nothing compared to what I'm used to. I've also learned how to eat as with every first bite of a food, be it fruit or juice or Rahela's banana/walnut muffins, I'm guaranteed to experience an electrical jolt in my jaw. As of yesterday I started drinking Ginger Tea as it helps with the nausea. I thought I would be able to get some basic things accomplished this week, but it was impossible. I sleep, try and eat, sleep more, listen to music, sleep, and watch some tv, mainly music documentaries like The Beatles Anthology I & II, The Making of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, and Biography: Stevie Wonder. I'm leaving to the Omega Institute today for the Ecstatic Chant weekend. I'm just looking forward to spending time with my wife Parashakti, with Vishal and his family, and our Omega family, and falling asleep in the grass feeling the sun on my skin. I'm especially looking forward to going into the sauna and sweating the chemicals out of my body, and swimming in the Omega Lake. I need to feel reenergized, I need to regain my strength before next Friday's GlobeSonic on the Hudson party (it's our last outdoor party for the summer).

I want to thank all of you who have been taking the time to read and follow this story; for your prayers and well wishes, for those who have been e-mailing me inspiring songs (I'm downloading them all this morning) and for those who answered Parashakti's e-mail and have made a donation to the Organic Avenue fund from where we are getting a lot of our healthy supplies from. You can contact her directly via info@parashakti.org.

2 comments: