Saturday, September 19, 2009

5-days to bounce back...

I'm leaving to LA in 3-hours. It's been a rough week. My ability to bounce back from chemo took me 5-days this week! Total lack of appetite and chemo brain killed me. I spent my Friday afternoon laying in the grass in Central Park meditating on channeling the chemo brain out. Fresh air, grass, trees and nature really help me. I went to the Russian Baths and almost fainted, my body went into a bit of shock, but the intensity helped reactivate my appetite, I had my first real meal in a week last night at one of my favorite little place, Hummus. I woke up this morning without chemo brain. It's remarkable, I can go days feeling absolutely drained, overwhelmingly frail, no appetite to speak of, and then wake up one morning and not feel an ounce of illness. I'm excited and ready for the 48-hour adventure in LA!

Music (as always) has been the best medicine in helping me transcend the challenges. I've been hooked on the new Imogen Heap album "Ellipse", especially the songs 'Wait it Out', ' Swoon', 'Tidal', and 'Half Life'. Seriously falled in love with the song 'Sweet Disposition' by The Temper Trap; I must have listened to it over 50-times this week, I can not get enough of it…. it's reminds me of what I was listening to and feeling as a teenager. My friend Gaura Vani wrote a song 'Surrender' that I've also been taken by. The new album 'Eternal' by Huun Huur Tu With Carmen Rizzo has also been in heavy rotation this week. Between that, I'm continually returning to swim in the oceans of Radiohead, Nusrat, Marley and The Beatles. All that said, my playlists are ready for the flight - now I've got to pack! Let me know if you like any of the songs mentioned, they are all available online.

Back to life....

1 comment:

  1. Your strength is inspiring..Keep it up my brother...Have a great trip...Alex G

    ReplyDelete