Wednesday, September 2, 2009


9/1, 9am : I feel heavily medicated this morning. Obviously the effects of the chemo and it's continual drip throughout the night. I'm unusually exhausted. I had a bite of a room temperature mango and both my left and right jaw bones felt the zapping of an electric jolt. I'm going to try and sleep some more...

9/2, 4pm: just got home from the hospital where they disconnect me from the chemo pouch. I can't lie, this is an intense energy drainer. I have felt nausea, lack of appetite, moodiness, electrical jolts in my jaw from eating, and absolute exhaustion. I had more energy following my colon surgery on 7/15. I've been feeling perfectly healthy over the last few weeks. The chemo makes me ill. I have no energy to do much of anything. I did get hypnotized by a melody yesterday afternoon and got myself out of bed to the piano and started a new composition; outside of that, I'm just making sure I breathe deep and keep positive. My wife and my mother are making sure I and eat healthy. My nurse Maria informed me that I will continue to experience the side-effects 3-4 day following the chemo; fun! I'm just grateful I'm finally disconnect from the chemo-drip so I can take a shower! Round 1 of 12 is complete.

2 comments:

  1. I am with you my brother! Just know that. Thank you for sharing your experiences. It keeps me close to you. I am taking big deep breathes and allowing for all that is. While also meditating and taking action to make all we have dreamed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stay strong bro. you are going to get through this..will see you in the morning before I head back into the office.

    ReplyDelete