Thursday, May 20, 2010

surprise present

on the new moon of april 14th i held onto a daily practice during my morning prayers, riding the surge and energetic build cascading towards the full moon of april 28th. stirring my cauldron for a surprise present, over these two weeks in between moon phases my life was mounting towards a definitive ending of some significant chapters, (a) surgery to remove the implant that had lived in my chest for 8-months during my battle with cancer was at hand putting the exclamation point on cancer free!, and (b) i was helping my wife move out and was reinventing my apartment - as 'everything is gonna be alright' as i can be, things were going to suck. two weeks walking the path of ashes, wrestling with the great shifter of shapes, riding the victory of conquering cancer, and profoundly feeling combined excitement and remorse of what life means without Parashakti. At the table of great unknowing I held fast to my prayers and worked through the realities at hand. the full moon came with a surprise present gift wrapped in a text message from my brethren Elliot asking 'can you tour with the band in Europe next week and play keys? crazy, i know!'. With 24-hours I was learning new songs and had my tickets to play music with my friends in France, Belgium, Germany, and have time off in Amsterdam and Brussells. Playing music with my hommies in John Brown's Body was the best medicine. deep thanks be to The Great Mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment